Roadmap to Digital Spare Parts
Digital Spare Parts
Digital spare parts is a concept where the spare parts and the related manufacturing data are stored and transferred in digital form. The spare parts are manufactured using 3D printing according to need, usually close to the end user’s premises.
Digital Spare Parts aim for
- More flexible and rapid availability.
- Cost savings by reducing downtime.
- More durable and weight reduction.
- Lower storage costs.
- Lower manufacturing costs.
- Fewer assembly processes.
- Lower transport costs.